All probes ok for use

Soogine Chong sgchong at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 2 22:56:16 PDT 2011

Hi cascade users,

Since both cascade managers are not at Stanford this summer, they have asked me to change the probe tips if there is a need.

Today I looked at all five probe tips, doing short tests. I found two probe tips (#2 and #4) that weren't probing and fixed them. They seem to be probing now, but please let me know if you still have issues. It is possible that they could still be problematic for sensitive measurements.

Manipulator #3 has been have a few hundred nA of leakage current.  You get this leakage even without probing, so take this into consideration when you choose the manipulators.

Please report any issues you have with the probe tips in the log book. Even if you're not sure if it's a problem with the probe tips, it can be helpful to write down if your measurements didn't go well. Other users can confirm if it is indeed a problem with the probe tips.

Also, PLEASE report in the logbook (and to me during the summer), if you happen to damage the probe tips during your measurements. It can save other users so much time!

-Soogine.

--
Soogine Chong
Stanford University