No Vacuum on Probes

Mihir Tendulkar mihir.tendulkar at intermolecular.com
Fri Jul 8 15:32:13 PDT 2011

Debugging the manipulator vacuum, for me, usually went in several
stages.

1) Check that the probe station surface is clean; wipe off with IPA
2) Clean the rubber seals underneath each manipulator (IPA wipe)
3) Blow out the yellow vacuum tubes with a gas canister

More often than not, these first three steps would solve the problem and
restore vacuum to a working capacity. If not, the next step is to open
up the Cascade and clean the vacuum manifold. I believe there is one for
each side of the Cascade (left/right).