[cascade] Fwd: Re: Cascade lamp source repair update

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 24 16:40:39 PST 2014

Cascade community:

Jim McVittie has found a temporary replacement for the light source on
Cascade.  To prevent damage from overheating, please note his comment
that you should leave the illuminator in the fan position for a couple
of minutes before turning it completely off.

Of course a work of thanks to Jim for a creative and effective solution
is always in order.  Thanks, JIm.

Happy probing,

John