Problem cmp SNF 2011-08-20 17:04:16: bolt sheared

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sun Aug 21 10:43:30 PDT 2011

Note:  I've put several of the proper M5 25 socket headed cap screws (that take a 4 mm wrench) with matching M5 nuts in the tool box.  I've also placed two 8 mm combination wrenches in there so that there is no future need to use the adjustable spanner.  They are in their own labeled plastic bag in the tool box.
Further note: the bolt and nut combination that is currently installed is the one that Andrew Graham brought in and is english size.  That will require a 9/64" allen wrench to remove ... and probably the adjustable spanner to boot.  Since I've not been trained to remove/replace this, I'll leave the replacement to someone knows the proper torque to apply to this screw and nut.
John