screw for head1 is stuck

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 10 10:16:14 PDT 2008

Chris and SangBum:

> You will need: allen wrench, crescent wrench, strong forearms.
While I don't know anything about this particular situation, I get
nervous any time I see the term Crescent wrench and strong forearms in
the same sentence.  If a lot of force needs to be applied, we should be
using the proper socket or box end wrench to avoid stripping the head
with a Crescent wrench.  Also, when re-attaching a head, my guess is
that there would be an appropriate torque setting to avoid over
tightening .... which would only allow those with really big forearms to
take things apart.  If that's the case, we'd be happy to get the
appropriate torque wrench and dedicate it for this use.

If there's a problem in the way that the head is attached and removed,
I'll bet that Gary and Ed can likely come up with an improved way ....

Thanks,

John