Fwd: CMP Challenges

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 27 19:34:52 PDT 2011

All,

I want to be more clear about what is going on with the CMP.  Right
now the gold contaminated hardware set is not working.  This was
reported by a lab member who found a zero polishing rate for this
hardware set.  It has also been reported that the clean non-metal
also has a low polishing rate.

I believe these problems related to the membrane assembly.  Recently
I purchase membranes from the US distributor.  These membranes do not
work with our hardware.  Apparently we have an older version of
hardware, which caused the confusion.  I am working with the vendor
to get the correct membranes, but I'm afraid they will have to be
shipped from overseas.

In the mean time, I am also trying to address the polish rate
variations between new and used membrane assemblies.

Regards,
Ed