Dirty CMP System

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 17 13:58:04 PDT 2012

All,

The attached pictures are from the hardware I removed this morning
during change over.  As you can see, the wafer carrier membrane is
covered in slurry.  All the dried slurry particles on the polishing pad
came from the un-cleaned polishing head.  I did not take pictures of all
the slurry in the catch basin and on the platen.

I want to remind everyone of the importance of cleaning the system. The
lack of cleaning is a disqualification offense.
1st offense: 2 weeks off the tool and 3 month loss of hardware changing
privilege.
2nd offense: 1 month and permanent loss of hardware changing privilege.
3rd offense: permanent disqualification.

If anyone wants to discuss these terms please stop by my office.

Regards,
Ed