net working

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 23 09:52:05 PDT 2001

Mike,

This machine is *not* behind the firewall.  It it were, I'm not sure they
could do what they want to do?  They want to ftp to other machines on the
campus.  I realize this is insecure, but I'm not sure what else to do
with a DOS machine.  Is there an ssh client for DOS?  Anyway, how much
damage could a hacker do if they got access to a DOS machine?  If they're
very sophisticated, I assume they could do some damage.  I'm sure the
security guys will eventually find this box.  I warned Mary Tang that might
happen.  Our only other option is a Zip drive.  Are there drivers for Zip
drives under DOS?