net working

Mike Bell mbell at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 23 10:14:40 PDT 2001

Bill,

You can get a Zip for a DOS machine, although it probably depends on what version
of DOS.

As far as ssh and what damage they can do I'm afraid I'm not much help on that.
If the machine
had a NIC and an IP address I wonder why it was off the network to begin with? So
you patched it
throught the top switch in finger wall 1?

Still no word back from Sun - I'm not sure I can take another
day of hold music at Sun. I'm absolutly amazed at their inability to get us the
information and a
quote.

Mike