Webmistresses

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jul 20 17:48:25 PDT 2001

Hello!

John "punched a hole" for my computer to telnet into snf.  The reason
was so that we could use the check-in/check-out feature of Dreamweaver
which allows multiple developers to work on a single website.  Both
Lourdes and Uli are now working with Dreamweaver on updating and
maintaining the website.  Could we get telnet "holes" for them as well?

By the way, I don't know if it makes any difference to you (as you are
defining the "basic SNF NT system") but I've installed the old version
of SSH (version 2.2, not 2.4) on Uli, Nancy, and Lourdes' computers.
Version 2.4 has a bug (which Mike diagnosed) which converts everything
in html files, including filenames, into lower case and also changes the
date/time stamps.  I see now that there's a version 3.0.1, but I haven't
checked to see if the bug has been repaired.

Mary