about screens

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Oct 16 14:57:50 PDT 2001

Uli:

I've fixed the Green Newts on all of the screens.

In the past, we had not been able to do that readily because the only way that
we knew how to do it would reset (kill) everyone's session ... which generally
made people grumpy.  Since people should have a card with them all of the time
... which overrides the Green Newt ... we didn't feel that it is a high
priority.

However, a little digging has turned up a way of repairing a single Green Newt
... without disrupting other activity.

As a result, the Green Newts should be gone ... for now.  I am about the pass
on the magic incantation required to dispel the Green Newts to Bill and to
Mike.

Thanks,

John