netscape error

Mike Bell mbell at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 18 12:31:59 PDT 2001

Sharleen,

My guess is that the netscape site that appears to be set as your home
page was busy or down (home.netscape.com).
I've seen this before and that's why I always use something else like
the snf web page or www.google.com
as a home web page.  Netscape is slow since it is installed by default
on tons of systems.  To change this go to
edit->preferences->navigator and you can set it to anything.  I've just
checked netscape and it was up, but
with all the bad news, I've heard that many news sites are experiencing
problems.

I've also sent a copy of this to computer at snf.stanford.edu which is the
official list for computer problems.

Good luck,