New computer?

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Sep 25 11:40:27 PDT 2001

Mary:

I think that the easiest thing to do is to ask Lourdes to order one of the
Stanford/Dell D-1 packages.  The place to go to get started is:

http://www.stanford.edu/home/computing/dell/institutional_purchases.html

The only two changes to the default that should be made are:

1. Specify Windows NT 4.0 as the operating system instead of the default
Windows 2000. (This is a no cost option ... but we shouldn't have to
re-install NT over their installation of Windows 2000).

2. Under second removeable media option, select "None" (instead of the default
250 MB Zip drive) ... this will save $82.17.

The package price should be: $1095.49 (plus tax) ...

The whole thing can be purchased as a part of the campus wide agreement.

Thanks,

John