printer hook-up

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 9 16:22:09 PDT 2002

Mike:

Related to printing ... rather than each person using Jetdirect and the
possiblity that they can screw things up, I had thought that it was better if
folks printed to the barlett print queue on cis.stanford.edu.  I had thought
that people had too much control over the printer if they were running
Jetdirect.  Am I confused on this score?
I'm sort of thinking about this, becuase I keep finding that bartlett is
offline after Dick Crane prints and it appears as if he is not going through
the cis print queue.  While I may have misinterpreted these symptons, that is
what I thought I had observered.

Thanks,

John