printer hook-up

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 9 16:48:52 PDT 2002

John and Mike,

I think Jason has discouraged us from using the print queue on CIS.  (Don't
quote me on this cause my memory is a little fuzzy on this one.)  At one
time we had access to cis, but this has changed since Jason upgraded the
box.  I think there are real advantages to having a Unix box control the
print queues for all our printers.  However, to accomplish this we will
probably need to move the print queues to one of our Unix boxes (like
snf).  Once again, I don't know when we'll find the time to do this.