list management (fwd)

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 19 17:55:00 PDT 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:15:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dave Robinson <dbr at stanford.edu>
To: bmurray at snf.Stanford.EDU, mbell at snf.Stanford.EDU
Subject: list management

Hi-

  Are you in charge of maintaining the SNF listserver?  If not, please
forward this to the person who is.

  I would like to ask that you take a simple step to reduce the number of
viruses, bounce messages, and other spam sent to the main labmembers list
and perhaps other lists, which is to restrict posting privileges to list
members.  This may be complicated because people have email aliases, but
in any case, if I were a system administrator I would not consider it
acceptable to have such low security for a large list that everybody needs
to be on.

  I'm sure that many people would appreciate any attention paid to this
problem.

Thanks,

Dave