Printer access to \\FUGA\francine please...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 9 15:51:36 PST 2002

James:

While I will defer to Mike Bell on this matter of guest logins, etc., my
initial thought is that either a printer should be public or it should be
private and that fussing with guest logins is a bit of a nuisance.

If you don't mind walking to the 3rd floor of CIS-X ... which is what I do on
the rare occasions when I need a color printer .... you can access that
printer now.

If you look at how bartlett is set up .... which should be set up to talk to
the server: cis.stanford.edu and the printer name is bartlett.  You should be
able to do the same thing with the printer named: jerry-hp.  If it needs to
know the driver name it should be "HP Color LaserJet 5/5M (HP)".

jerry-hp is in the wide part of the hallway (about midway along the length of
the hall).  There are two printers on the table:  jerry-hp is the leftmost of
the two printers.

Hope that helps,

John