E-mail lists ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 23 09:45:57 PDT 2002

Rafael, Jeannie, and Mahnaz:

I've manually added Rafael to the STS list.  Yes, when someone is qualified on
a piece of equipment, they are added to the mailing list ... it sends them out
an e-mail message (to confirm that the address was OK) that says, in effect:
"You've been added to a mailing list ... reply to this message to confirm that
you want to be on this list".  If they fail to respond ... often because mail
forwarding is improperly set and they didn't see this message ... then they
are not added to the list.  Re-qualifying them doesn't help in this case ...

I've manually added Rafael to the sts list.

Thanks,

John