2 - IP Number request

Jason Conroy jconroy at teargarden.Stanford.EDU
Mon Jun 17 10:25:40 PDT 2002

James,

Are these machines which need to access the internet outside of Stanford? If
they're only interfacing to process equipment and are occasionally used to FTP
stuff back to snf, I'd recommend one of the "shadow net" addresses which shield
you from non-stanford machines (and vice versa). The concern is that PCs inside
the fab are often forgotten and become security risks.

Jason