Crystal Not working again

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 26 09:57:02 PDT 2002

Ted, Tony, David, et al:

Yes, crystal has been experiencing network problems that cause it to die about
once a day.  Thus far, anytime we change anything, it appears to fix it ...
but only until the next day.  So, this morning I'm not going to touch anything
until Bill and Mike have a chance to look at the network switch configuration
and see if there is any evidence of errrors up there.

After they do that, we will be able (probably) to restore the network
connection ... but maybe only for a number of hours.  Unless, they find
something that gives us a clue as to what is causing these network dropouts.

As we are dealing with 20 year old equipment, if crystal (or lattice) die ...
they are dead!!!

Thanks,

John