CAD PC's

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 6 18:08:27 PST 2002

Hello gentlemen --

The two PC's in the CAD room have a lot of stuff on them...  It seems
that it might be good to give people the option of saving their files on
CD.  I'd like to install a CDRW on each of them.  I think they need to
be IDE and NT compatible -- are there any other specific criteria you
think we should consider?  Well, other than cost...  Personally, I'd
rather like it if it used Nero software -- it seems to be supported well
and used by most CDRW.  The "Lite-on" system has good reviews and I
think meets these criteria (it's about $60):

http://osnews.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=550413/ut=ab4064a204bf8db9

What do you think?  May I go ahead and order these?  (Or am I missing
something important?!)

Mary

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.