Thanks

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Nov 12 15:20:33 PST 2002

Ted:

We'll, I was able to clean up a few things ...

However, as Bill indicated, we are running on borrowed time on this system ...
we are nearly 3 years past it's "drop dead" date.  Also, the operating system
that we are using (Ultrix) was not the main operating system of DEC (their
primary operating system was VMS in that era ...) and DEC no longer exists
(they were bought out by Compaq who has since merged with HP ...).

There are parts of this system that died of a Y2K problem and there simply is
no means of upgrading them.

So, the best that we can do is limp along with what we have ....

Thanks,

John