2 - IP Number request

James Conway jwc at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Oct 9 08:01:08 PDT 2002

Hello Jason,

Months later I am returning to the task...

I have a machine in the ebeam lab that I wish to use as a pattern storage and
editing system to receive patterns from other systems in SNF and SU.  I wish this
to be secured similar to the systems in the shades cluster AND have a port to the
internet to run netscape and similar applications.

This is a PC running win NT.

Can you help us review if this  system configured properly, give it a secured port
inside the SNF firewall, and if possible set up for limited access to the internet
through netscape and SSH?  The ability to ftp from the shades cluster inbound to
this system would be desirable as well.  We wish to call this system RAITH_Pattern
or a similar moniker.

Thank you for your support.  I need this within two weeks to meet my plan.

Thank you,

James Conway
Ebeam Technology Group
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility