Semicaps contract?

mikebell michael.bell at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 17 07:39:53 PDT 2002

Charley,

As far as I know we don't have a service contract.  In fact, the software
version
we have is pretty old and only supported on a time and materials basis.  The
recent $800 charge (their minimum charge) was for Mike Deal's project to get the
"live" mode working.  Mike, James and I were there when the Semicaps tech worked
on the machine.  After spending several hours working on it the tech gave a demo
of what he had fixed.  Mike D. and James were satisfied that the requirements
for
the task we had specified for Semicaps had been met and the PO was paid. You can
find contact information for Semicaps on the web.

I have a copy of what may be the software and I'll drop it off.  As for changing
the system, I would proceed with caution.  Quite frankly I can't be sure that
the
software I'll drop off is correct for that machine, as I was not involved in
setting it up.  Also I understand from Mike Deal and others that the
configuration can be tricky.  Finally, you may want to make sure you can get
back
to the current configuration in case something goes awry.

Mike