SNF computer system (fwd)

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jun 13 09:35:39 PDT 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:44:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Scott D. Andrews <sandrew at stanford.edu>
To: bmurray at stanford.edu
Subject: SNF computer system

Hello,

Can you tell me if the Sun computers at snf have a keystroke sniffer
program running?  I ask this because as I sit here bored waiting for my
process to complete, I was going to order something online.  However, I
don't want my credit card number to be potentially compromised.  I know
some of the PC's in the e-beam room have keystroke sniffer programs
running, and I understand the reasoning behind this.  I don't have a
problem with it.  I just want to make sure that my credit card information
remains secure.

Thanks,
Scott Andrews