/ on spf

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 2 14:28:59 PDT 2003

John and Mike,

I've installed the full Oracle distribution on spf.  I can deinstall if
we run low on space.  (It's just such a hassle to install Oracle that I
wanted to make sure I had anything I might need.)  I placed the Oracle
software in /opt.  While I was out there I wanted to do a little house
cleaning.  I notice that we have a /db1, /db2, and db3 that appear to
have Oracle production data from January of this year (probably copied
over from rosen).  If no one has any objections, I would like to delete
these directories to free up some space.