network changes this morning (fwd)

Bill Murray bmurray at
Mon Oct 6 10:24:34 PDT 2003

They made network changes this morning without notifying us.  This fixes
your problem.  I have made the changes on your machines, and everything
appears to work properly now.  Let me know if you have any other problems.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:53:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jason Conroy <jconroy at>
To: CIS-Building <cis-building at cis.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: network changes this morning

Network changes made this morning have disrupted some machines.
Specifically, the problem machines are:

a) located in CIS (not CISX)
b) have a manual IP configuration (not using DHCP)
c) have a gateway or router address set to

If your computer falls in this category, make the following changes in the
network control panel to restore connectivity:

set your netmask to
Set your router address to

afterwards, a reboot might be necessary.

 Jason Conroy                        Email: jconroy at
 Systems/Network Manager                         Phone: 650 725-6115

        Center for Integrated Systems at Stanford University