Mahnaz' mail...

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 5 10:55:33 PDT 2003

Hi all --

I know you've been tearing your hair out over this one -- but what's the
story with Mahnaz's email?  She (and others) have complained that some
emails seem to take many days to get to her.  I don't think it's her PC
(though wouldn't rule it out) because we wiped it before reloaded her
files in a separate partition from the program files.  She says that you
fellows looked into it a little while ago and did, indeed, conclude that
there was something strange about her SNF account -- not that I know
anything about email servers and would get lost in the technical detail,
but could you give me an idea of what the problem is?

I know she's got a lot of stuff on her SNF account -- would it help
matters if she stored this all locally and kept only her Inbox on SNF?

I'm sorry to pester you about this -- but, as we rely on emails so much
nowadays for communicating, Mahnaz's apparent inability to receive or
send out emails in a timely manner is significantly affecting our
ability as a group to stay on top of things...

Thanks,

Mary

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.