Mail Client

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Sep 8 13:08:13 PDT 2003

Tony,

I spoke with Mike Bell about your email problem.  Here are the details
and your options.  Unlike Netscape, Internet Explorer is not bundled
with an email client.  Microsoft's email client is bundled with their
Outlook product.  So you can do one of the following:

1) continue to use Netscape Messenger as your email client and Internet
   Explorer as your browser,

2) return to using Pine as your email client and use Internet Explorer
   as your browser, or

3) use Outlook as your email client and Internet Explorer as your
   browser.

I recommend option 1.  However, I don't know anything about Outlook
except that Mike Bell has spent days configuring it for Professor
Nishi so I'd avoid option 3.