FW: SECURITY NOTICE: insecure passwords on your machine

Michael Deal mdeal at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 6 08:23:53 PST 2004

To give you more info on these computers:
They are used to download still images for the Hitachi 4160 SEM (not the
S-800) and the SNF optical microscope (not the CNRI microscope).    They
are also used for remote access, using the Ivista webcasting software.   We
supply the password to local users in case the computer needs to be
rebooted.  We do not supply the password to remote users (they only view
the webcasted video images through our webpages).   I believe they both run
on Windows 2000.
                                                 -mike