I need your technical expertise... (fwd)

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 26 12:39:55 PST 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:33:37 -0800
From: Maureen Baran <mbaran at stanford.edu>
To: mike.bell at stanford.edu, Bill Murray <bmurray at snf.stanford.edu>
Subject: I need your technical expertise...

Dear Mike and Bill,

I have two people who are not able to change their password in coral.  They
can both get into coral with the original password that the system created
for them however, they can not successfully change their password.  They
both get: "Authentication Failure"  when trying to get into the next step of
creating a new password.  One is, our newest employee at SNF - Elmer
Enriquez and the other one is a new Industrial User by the name of Jim
Kruger.  The only common thing between the two of them is that they both
have login names longer then 8 characters.  Elmer's login is "eenriquez" and
Jim's login is "jimkruger".  Can this be the problem that is stopping them
from being successful in changing their password?  Would it just be easier
to deactivate their profile in coral and start again with a shorter login
name?

I would greatly appreciate it if one of you could come over today to my
cubicle and show Elmer and myself what we might be doing wrong.  Jim the
Industrial User is getting pretty frustrated.

We need your help.

Thank you,

Maureen

Maureen Baran