Problems w/ mail account on snf (fwd)

Bill Murray bmurray at
Thu May 20 09:23:30 PDT 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:50:51 -0700
From: Paul Losleben <losleben at>
To: Bill Murray <bmurray at>,
     Jason Conroy <jconroy at teargarden.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Problems w/ mail account on snf

Bill, Jason...

I'm still getting complaints about mail containing a virus originating
from my email account on snf.  I also occasionally get bounced mail to
unfamiliar addresses on mail originating from that account.  I have not
sent email from that account for over a year and am only using it to
forward mail to my current address.  Is it possible that someone else is
using snf to distribute mail/spam/virus?

A sample of the virus alert is attached: