overdone

Ik Mahoney mdey at achinacres.com
Sat Sep 2 03:01:07 PDT 2006

Maggie reappeared with another announcement concerning breakfast. Perhaps it is that equinoctial you andI were talking about. Im farfrom being the only one who is saying that very thing.
She picked it up and heldit in her hands. Youre a goodsquare man and you deserve whats comin to you.
You promise me that youll say it now andmean it and stick to it.
Or because you find you never did really love me?
He said nothing to Carey or Cora, or any one else, concerning thetalk with Captain Higgins.
If he doesnt care enough abouthis breakfast to come and get it then he can go without.
Arent you going to stay, now thatyou have come?
Georges puzzled and anxious frown was still in evidence. He blinked, caught his breath, and sank back again.
The rain began to fall and continued to fall. Well, hes always said the samething about you, furs that goes.
Carey cant turn em out, thats whats thematter. You shall have that picture, to keep always, Carey,and more besides. Of course you arent going to do any such thing. Carey didnt know that Higgins wascoming to me. George said Nonsense again, but not quite as confidently.
Not that this extra money makes anyreal difference, but it will help Mr. Every time Ive ever been under there theonly thing that comes down is the rotten ones.
Or because you find you never did really love me?
He laid a hand upon hisforehead and found it blazing with fever.
She would forgive the brokenpromise if she knew why it had to be broken.
His hair was tumbled and his chin unshaven.
Oh, everybody knows what you lost and what itmeant to you.
She seized his drenched coat sleeve and drew him into the hall.
He tried to rise, but got no farther than to prop himself upon oneelbow.
That matter is settled, and whatis the use of digging it up again?