brunt ethic

Roderick Hardin oiuhg at deltasouthernrailroad.com
Sun Sep 10 06:02:38 PDT 2006

Here I will say that of this ladys history I heard no more for manyyears. About him was none of the ceremonial of Pharaohs court.
Give me one of those drugs of yours,Belus, that which kills so swiftly, for all is done.
Master, answered the man in another voice, a trembling voice, shehangs between life and death.
But he did not, who said that thirstwas the greatest of captains and he would leave him in command.
At the foot of the hill we re-formed, formany of us had been killed or wounded in the great fray. Thus I came to understand how great was the power ofAmasis, the beloved of the soldiers.
They foughtno more, they flung down their arms, each man seeking to save his ownlife. I know, Belus, /I/ know; and my face will tell the tale or I shall gomad and babble it.
They packed together,they fled this way and that, trampling one upon the other. With it send Belus the Babylonian, that the truth of all this matter may be wrung from him.
At least suddenly he sank together in my handsand his head fell backwards.
Tell us,may we sleep in peace, or must we seek it elsewhere? Pharaoh sends me many letters, he said, as he cut the silk and undidthe roll. Thus I came to understand how great was the power ofAmasis, the beloved of the soldiers. Moreover my women wait to tire me forPharaohs farewell feast and I must be gone.
Belus the Babylonian anda scribe we were commanded to pass.
We, the rest of that legion, would not beleft behind. Sealed with the seals of Pharaoh and his Vizier.
All the enemy were fled save those who lay dead or wounded,swart, black-bearded men.
As I gazed a great love of that sweet childentered my heart where it still lives to-day. Here fate thrustsme on, not folly or passion, but fate itself with an iron hand. I do not wish to remain a soldier, who have seen enough of slaughter,Belus.
Now came its fruits, the hour of plunder was athand.
Also we made prisoners of thousands more and took a greatbooty of horses and camels. They packed together,they fled this way and that, trampling one upon the other. My medicines have worked well and that sleepis a presage of her recovery.
Am I safe with you and if I needit, will you protect me when you grow great? Such was thepicture, a terrible picture that in every detail must haunt me till Idie.
Trumpets blew, banners waved, words of command were shouted.
Therefore, although they outnumbered us by three toone, our victory was great. We passed down the passage to myapartment.
He undid the roll, glanced at it and cast it down. I took her in my arms, asking,How is she named and who was her father? Well, Ithink none the worse of you for that.