jocular

Mima Davidson ndgcql at multimediagigant.nl
Thu Sep 14 13:37:13 PDT 2006

Darling, I never meant tointerfere in any way.
Shesgot a warm heart, an unselfish nature, and plenty of sense. Butfor tradition, would Wilfrid mind being thought yellow?
Just one moment, and then Ill do thebranching. Thats allI wanted to say; but its a good deal.
Hes bound to pretend to be in love with her!
It comes whenyou dont want it, not when you do. Would he notresent her having come as if to shield him?
Whatever shedecided would be wrong, painful, perhaps impossible.
Em, said Sir Lawrence, when you want to make your will, let meknow.
But, Dinny, said Michael, gently, isnt he really fond of you?
Whatshould she say if, indeed, she found Muskham at home?
Wilfrid must never know that she had tried to mediate.
Itwas Sunday, and they were all at church.
He threw himself down again on the divan, and sat there looking upat her. He had not enough insight into her forthat. Allthat she had felt, all that she had meant to feel, compressed intothat word of two letters. It was doubly unfortunate that I came down.
Thats allI wanted to say; but its a good deal. But with only fists theycould not kill each other!
Dinny sank down on the car seat, and said quietly:Drive on, please.