withhold with

Polly Tolbert xbe at dealpro.com
Sun Sep 17 02:35:08 PDT 2006

Oh no, Baas, they wont do that because they havent found theright bait to catch you.
Then I sat down and saidthings which I prefer not to record.
While I was talking to him Hans, who had the sight of a vulture,said in Dutch,Look, Baas.
It came, as he said, from everywhere at once, and seemingly evenfrom above our heads.
Then I want to have nothing to do with it. Then the priest, bowing, informed himthat they had a tale to tell and a message to deliver. I suppose they were hanging about outside, having scented trouble. For a while there was silence in that room. Certainly not, if you can do anything else, I replied, for youare few and the Abanda are many.
The truth was that already the manwas hedged round with ceremonial.
Years ago it began with those dreams inLondon.
Then addressing Kumpana in his own language, I went on.
Oh yes, Lord, if you are a very good swimmer. Take what road you will,but learn that every one of them leads you to the grave.
I never pretended to great courage,especially in wars that do not concern me. Kumpana, I want to getout of your country at once; risks or no risks, I wish to be off. I did not answer him, for when Hans was in this superstitious moodargument was useless.
I gathered,however, that it was an invocation.
I did not answer him, for when Hans was in this superstitious moodargument was useless.
Now I could no longer suppress my irritation, or rather my wrath. Here Kumpana looked at Hans and shook his head. While I was talking to him Hans, who had the sight of a vulture,said in Dutch,Look, Baas.
Yes, I havebrought together under one rule the two peoples who were dividedlong ago. Oh no, Baas, they wont do that because they havent found theright bait to catch you.
Certainly not, if you can do anything else, I replied, for youare few and the Abanda are many. That old fool, Kumpana, is making fun of us all the time, I said.
I must win that woman, even if it costs memy life; if I do not I shall go mad.
Lastly, we will kill the white thief who is namedWanderer, and by the people Red-Bull. Years ago it began with those dreams inLondon.