Error message trying to access coral remote

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Aug 4 11:24:13 PDT 2001

Carolyn:

Normally the "Can't access equipment information" is a message that occurs
with people who are trying to use remote coral from behind a firewall.  While
your computer folks would know for sure, my guess is that this may be the case
at ReadRite.

As of today we have no alternative but to use a computer that is not blocked
by a firewall.

However, we are beginning to work on a change that, we hope, will allow people
to use Remote Coral even if they are behind a firewall.  We hope to have run
some experiments and determine if this is feasible over the next week or two.

With luck, we may be able to release a version of Remote Coral that gets
around this problem.