Moved back to /home/labnet/share ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 7 09:58:49 PDT 2001

Bill:

I think that I'm wasting too much of your time to try to get the
/usr/local/etc/share/IOR stuff to work.  I realized that simply copying it
won't work, because a manual copy either is done before the "servers start" in
which case it gets the wrong version or it is done afterwords ... in which
case the other servers have failed to start.

So, I've modified admin/server/Makefile and admin/server/admmgr.conf to go
back to using /home/labnet/share for the IOR. So, a "cvs update" in
admin/server should move you back to the "old way"

While I don't think we can insist that people have a cross-mounted setup
(particularly because we are relying on the fact that both /home/httpd/html
and /home/labnet are cross-mounted, it is clearly easier ... but that is
probably an issue for a later day.

So, if I am not mistaken, a "make install" (on guilden) followed by a servers
start should get things running.

Let me know if that causes a problem ... sorry for the stumbling about on this