Slight naming diffferences ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 7 16:07:55 PDT 2001

Bill and Mike:

I think that there is a minor naming difference between the "old way" and the
"new way" of our make files.  I don't believe that it is making a difference,
but I thought I'd alert everyone just in case.

It has to do with the naming conventions of the configuration files.

In either case, the name of the file itself is something like rscmgr.conf and
equmgr.conf.  In the "old days" the client version of rscmgr.conf was stored
in /home/labnet/etc/rscmgr/client/rscmgr.conf ... in otherwords in a
subdirectory that included the MANAGER as a part of the directory tree as well
as part of the configuration file.

Although I didn't really notice it until now, we are currently storing that
same file in
/usr/local/coral/etc/resource/client/rscmgr.conf

In other words, not only was /home/labnet/etc changed to /usr/local/coral/etc
but /home/labnet/etc/rscmgr was converted to /home/labnet/etc/resource ...
because I used the PACKAGE name (rather than the MANAGER name) to determine
that "storage" hierarchy.

As long as we are consistent, I don't think that it creates a problem ... but
if anyone notices problem where it appears to not find configuration files,
this may be the cause ...