OpenJNLP ....

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Aug 8 09:22:49 PDT 2001

Bill and Mike:

You might want to check out openjnlp.nanode.org ... Open JNLP seees to be an
open source version of Java Web Start.  While it's not clear that this will be
of great interest to most of us, since Java Web Start seems to be doing the
job, it does, I think, give us a means of running on Macs ... both OS-X and
older versions.  Since, in particular, this means "da Dean" ... I may try to
find an old mac somewhere to see if we can get it running.

Obviously, this is not our primary concern ... but if we could provide an
avenue for Mac users at the same time that we "broke the firewall barrier",
we'd really have eliminated any option to say "Coral won't work for me ....".