Makefile status ....

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sun Aug 19 11:12:07 PDT 2001

Bill and Mike:

I think that I've made a couple of minor changes to the makefile stuff ...
In particular so that we are getting jar files with only the class files
included in them.  Also, I've modified the "remote-install" target slightly.

Thus far, however, I have been unable to get the RetroGuard obfuscation to
work to convert coral.jar to coral-o.jar.  It claims that it is not a properly
formatted jar file (or something like that).  However, I have tested the
clients and servers as started from jar files and they seem OK.  As a result,
I'm wondering whether there is something different about the 1.4 Jar files
that retroguard doesn't know about.

Until we have time to delve into that, you can change "OBFUSATE = no" near the
top of labnet/Makefile.  This will simply copy coral.jar to coral-o.jar (or
coral-dev-o.jar, if PRODUCTION_ENV=false).  This may be what you want anyhow,
Bill, while testing the firewall-penetration stuff ...

If there are any problems during the week, I will probably be able to check
e-mail occasionally.  Also, when in Seattle, I will be staying that the
Hampton Inn and Suites ... (206) 282-7700.

Have a good week,