Error Message

John Shott shott at
Wed Aug 29 07:54:19 PDT 2001

The "Cannot access equipment information" message is symptomatic of a
firewall-related failure.  It appears as if your outbound requests are getting
through the firewall, but that one of our incoming messages is getting
blocked.  We are working on some changes that we hope to be able to release
within the next week or so that, we think, will eliminate this problem for
many of the people who are behind a firewall.  When that version is released
(at least on an experimental basis) we will send out an e-mail alert to the
labmembers at snf mailing list.