locked sunrays

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Feb 14 11:24:04 PST 2001

Matt:

I don't know what has been causing this epidemic ... and in particular if it
is a usage problem or an underlying electronic problem.

However, I think that I know how to fix it:

If you hit "Control-Crescent" ... in otherwords, the Control key at the same
time that you hit the "Crecent" key (which is the uppermost key on the far
right of the keyboard).  "Control-Crescent" basically does a powercycle and
downloads the firmware again (it will go through the "Big Hourglass" with -
then -- then --- under them ...).

I just fixed the Sunray by the office area ... if you are in the lab, I'd
appreciate it if you can see if this fixes them.

Thank you,