no off-campus remote access

Mike Bell mbell at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Feb 15 13:46:04 PST 2001

Beth,

I think we can solve your problem. It is basically a bug in Sun's Web Start that
does not down load the new version of Coral when a change is made. So,

1) Double click the Java Web Start icon
    You should see the Coral application.

2) If you have more than one Web Start application single click to select Coral.

3) On the Menu bar at the top select Application -> Remove from Cache.
    This will remove the Coral application.

            going  to  http://snf.stanford.edu/
            then selecting "Remote access to Coral"
            then selecting "Launch Remote Coral"

This will reinstall Remote Coral per our previous instructions.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let me know if these directions are solve the
problem and are clear. Then I will send them to all lab members.

Thanks,

Mike Bell
650 725-9503