evtmgr.log

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 16 10:28:19 PST 2001

Bill and Mike:

Periodically, we have some very log event posting times ... sometimes as long
as 200-400 SECONDS!!!! These always seem to occur when there are clients that
are found to be no longer there ... of course, if there is a following event
that comes in during that time, it ends up with a large "first time" in the
log (the difference between when the event occured and when postEvent() begins
working on it) because it has to wait until postEvent() from the preceeding
event is done.

I should probably go in an time each occurrence of unsubscribeAll() so that I
can determine whether it is delays in the actual posting (sub.postedEvent in
the main part of postEvent()) or in the "cleanup part" of postEvent() where it
does unsubscribeAll(sub.subscriber()).

While these log files get to be pretty large ... I think that there are some
intersting numbers in there ...

Talk to you later,