Event Manager ...

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 16 10:55:08 PST 2001

John,

I'm reviewing the event manager code as I read through your email.  I'll
call you later to discuss.

I think we should segregate your JDK 1.3 changes as a separate branch in
the source tree.  This should allow us to keep all the changes you've
made to accomodate 1.3 while we're waiting for a more robust 1.3.  This
should also allow us to continue with bug fixes (event manager) and
enhancements under both the 1.2 and 1.3 versions of the JDK.  I'll take
a look at this when I'm in the office tomorrow.

Mike should have the new xemacs profile ready to try out tomorrow also.

How frequently do you need to restart the servers?  Are the restarts
required for any reason other than event manager problems?