Thinking about SECS ...

John Shott shott at
Thu Jan 25 11:03:23 PST 2001

Bill and Mike:

I know that we are not there yet ... but following are two links that appears
to be offering pieces and parts of what would be required to communicate to
fabrication equipment using SECS-I and SECS-II communications standards ...
but using Java and (I think) also seem to mention use of things like CORBA,
XML, etc ...

So, here are a couple of references for future examination ... and

Note:  Just so that we have it, the "main" supplier of SECS communication
stuff (although I think their stuff is either C or, at most, C++) is GW
Associates at