Checked in Makefiles ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 26 17:03:49 PDT 2001

Bill and Mike:

Oops ... I think that I forgot to send this message earlier about setting the
site environment variable ... that is another reason that the make may not be
working. ...

I think that I've checked in all of the Makefiles so that we now get
site-specific compilation, etc. One additional change that I made ... it nows
makes the target "check-site" that checks to see if the environment variable
SITE is set ... if not it bombs out.

If you initially run make, it should bomb.  Then add the line:
	export SITE=stanford
to ~/.bashrc and then say "source ~/.bashrc" ... to make it reload.

Then compilation should proceed OK.

One thing that I haven't yet done ... it seems as if many of the places that
have "conf" directories will have site-specific values in them.  I need to
think if we want to require the use (or at least support the use) of
site-specific conf files.  Any thoughts?