CORBA Memory Leak

Bill Murray bmurray at
Tue Mar 6 15:19:20 PST 2001

John and Mike,

Earlier this afternoon, the event manager ran out of memory.  The
following error occurred in Sun's Corba implmentation code:

        at com.sun.CORBA.iiop.IIOPConnection.createInputStream(IIOPConnection.ja
va, Compiled Code)
        at, Compiled Cod
2001-03-06 15:06:19 Posted event: 101 (43, 43) Elapsed time: 9 + 3872 msec

This doesn't necessarily mean the problem is in their code.  However,
based on the performance of our code over the last two weeks, I
suspect that Sun has a memory leak in their Corba implementation.
If this is the case, increasing the memory allocated to the event
manager JVM will only defer the problem.  We may wish to place
some print statements in the event manager code to track memory