Postgres update ....

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Nov 3 12:48:45 PST 2001

Bill and Mike:

If I am not mistaken, I have installed postgres on both bopeep and rosen,
created a "postgres" user that owns the database (who is a member of the pgdba
group), and generated an empty database on each machine that is stored in
/db/postgres (in the root partition ... not a separate partition ... on each
machine.

I have also installed, I think, the perl DBI, DBD::Oracle, and DBD::Pg modules
that will be needed to test out the ora2pg conversion stuff.

At this point, my next task is to install the ora2pg stuff ....

Talk to you later,